We believe that those touched by addiction in adolescence and young adulthood deserve support and advocacy. Because current resources are inadequate, The 24 Group exists to provide a means for those in need of addiction education and recovery support.
- Addiction is a biological disease and as such should carry no social shame or stigma.
- There is effective treatment for addiction.
- Treatment should be available to all regardless of socio-economic status or access to insurance.
- Family education and support enhances treatment effectiveness and success for the adolescent/young adult.
- Addiction is a family disease; parents and other family members need their own treatment and support to achieve and maintain recovery from the devastating effects of this disease.
- Staying connected with a treatment program enhances chances of long-term success.